Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Die

I'm murdered from time to time in my dreams,
by a stranger in an all night laundromat,
I'm folding clothes in the flickering light
when I notice him casually walking in
through the only door out. There is something
between us, a familiarity in
the way he stares as I feed the machines
quarters and clothes, that makes me afraid when I
realize there are no windows in this room,
and we are stuck like that for a long time, both
knowing what we intend to do, but not
yet moving.

4 Comments:

Blogger Axe said...

Then speak his name...it renders him powerless.

I love your words, Manon!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All of your work is wonder as always Manon!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shoot, that should be WONDERFUL! I can't seem to get anything right today!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Sovereign Syre said...

You guys are so good to me...Thank you for reading the drabble...

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home